Friday, February 26, 2010

Faith, Hope, Love


Don't know what to think of the situation
Cuz it’s got me all frustrated
One day I'm cool
The other I'm acting like a fool
It’s like I keep hopping over the fence
Tryna escape this, like a convict
Fresh outta jail, but it feels more like hell
Cuz I'm burning on the inside
Crying on the out
My tears just confirm that I'm not pass my fears
Or maybe I’m not over what’s happened in recent years
Maybe it’s my lack of Faith
In him, in me, in us, no trust
So I keep on sending my prayers up
Expecting tha worst, hoping for tha best
Thinking this is one hell of a test
Who knows how this thing will all play out?
So I guess I shouldn't worry or have any doubts
Cuz I love him and sometimes I have to ask myself why
But if you knew him, you'd say he's a “Stand up Guy”
The decision to take our time, is something I respect
And I know sometimes my feelings don't reflect
That I do, but I do and it’s all because of you
That I'm growing, learning, yearning
Everyday I become a better woman
In his eyes I can see his love for me
He call me his Angel and I guess we’ll have to see
If this was really meant to be
I hope so, but I wish I knew, truth is I don’t even have a clue
Guess that’s the beauty of it all
Cuz sometimes people ain’t ready to catch you when you fall
In love, that is
Can’t wait on the day that I can say I’m his
And whether or not that’s his girl or his friend
What’s matters most, is that we’re together through the thick and thin

ThaVirtuousOne
(written Febuary 23rd, 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment