Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Friend

We started off as friends
Those late night phone calls seemed to never end
I could talk to you about whateva
Never crossed my mind you'd be so damn clever
You knew me better than I knew myself
Gave me great advice on how to keep up with my health
Cuz I was way passed stressed out
Mentally...emotionally...physically
But you healed me spiritually
Came out of nowhere like my knight in shining armor
To have the chance to be with you was an honor
I looked up to you like my father
Cuz eventhough he wasn't always around
He knew just what to say to turn my frown, upside down
You made me smile when I didn't want to
Laugh to my stomach hurt
Cry till there were no tears left
But they were tears of happiness
Cuz you knew just how to capture the best of my emotions
You made me wanna catch a sail and sail the oceans
Get away from all the drama
It was the little things that mattered
Like a phone call from yo mama
To tell you, baby I love you
Our friendship was sweet like sweet potatoe pie
Cuz that's my favorite
But you know that
Like my favorite color is purple
Or my favorite food is Italian
You knew everything and I never had to remind you
Cuz you paid attention
Not like all those other dudes
Na you were the one
We spent so much time together
You always there for me and I was there for you
Hell, we were inseparable
Flyer than any thousand dollar collectible
And yes, you can say I said that
We use to hang out at all times of the night
You had my back when me and "ole boy" use to fight
About absolutely nothing, but you couldn't tell me nothing
Cuz I was in love, spelt L.O.V.E
To bad I didn't have enough for me
But you did
Way more than I could imagine
It was like heaven and you were Aladdin
Riding on his magic carpet to get his Jazmine
I'm so glad you came into my life
I sit here hoping to one day become your wife.

Tha Virtuous One™
(Written March 25, 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment