Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I Chose God

I should have known from my past
That this love would never last
Kept trying to make myself believe
In something that was never meant to be
But I needed this to work
So I could prove myself worth
I was blinded by your love
Held onto to your every word
It all sounded good to me
So I thought, man this must surely be
But my mama always told me
Baby “what’s good to you, ain’t always good for you”
But just like sweets, I was addicted…
Hook on you like a bad habit
Kept chasing that “carrot”
Like I was Bugs Bunny, the rabbit
Didn’t have the time
To think with my mind
So I followed my heart
When I should have used my head
I listen to “Miss Thang” between my legs
I let my hormones speak
When they don’t even have a brain to think
I was caught up in a world wind of sin
Should have known that I would never win
Pleasing you was my main goal
Never crossed my mind that I’d lose my soul
I love you, but I love God more
So I chose God
And maybe you should do the same
Cuz without him there’s no need to play the game
I’ve learned my lesson
No longer am I stressin’
I’m putting God first
Cuz he’s the ONLY ONE who can quench my thirst
So the next time around
I will hold my ground
Stand firm in my beliefs
And continue my journey with celibacy
Until the day…my [KING] comes to rescue me.

Tha Virtuous One™
(March 30, 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment