Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I'm In It To Win It

I was born outta wedlock
But that don’t make me an abomination
In fact I’m one of God’s greatest creations
Made in his perfect image
Fearfully and wonderfully created
I’m “5’5 with brown eyes, smile like the sunrise”
(I know ya’ll remember the group City High)
Thin waist, thick thighs…inexpensive taste
Cuz ma clothes don’t define me
N you trying to find words to describe me, would surely be a waste
Of your time and energy, so forget me
Cuz that ain’t what this is about
So just sit back and let ma lyrics hit your membrane like tidal waves, its insane
Na its sick so admit me, or betta yet commit me cuz I’m committed to this life to win
You prolly thought I was gon say committed to a life of sin
But this a winners game and if you sinning you sure ain’t winning
And I don’t play the game unless if in the end I’ll win
And I always do cuz I know betta than to follow you
No telling where you’ll lead me
Or what kind of lies you’ll try n feed me
And I ain’t trying to starve
So I’ll stay full on his word
Cuz it’s the truth and I don’t need any proof
He’s done it before and I’m positive he’ll do it again
Following Christ can deliver you from sin…bondage…depression…he’ll even tha recession
Ma pockets stay fat, you can believe that
(Hmm…I see we have some doubters)
Don’t believe me, he said it in is word “No weapon formed against me shall prosper”
You can find that in Isaiah chapter 54, verse 17
And please don’t get it twisted, I’m not tryna stand up here and preach to you, like I’m “Holier than thou” cuz I’m on the same path, I’m just tryna do the right thing
I’m walking the same pace, running the same race, trying my best not to lose my place
I’m on a mission to save lives
I’m heaven sent, so none of this should be a surprise
I know sometimes its get hard out here
But if you give your life to Christ, you’ll have nothing to fear
Hell, I’m only 22, college grad, no kids, stable job
But I’m out here struggling just like the rest of ya’ll
But I keep on pushin, keeping ma faith strong
Living my life for God, I will never go wrong
This is a public announcement and I’m trying to ma best to announce it
“Come to me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28)
Trust, I put his word to the test.

Tha Virtuous One™
(Written June 2, 2009)

1 comment: