Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I Need Love

I try not to remind my mind
Of the very first time I feel in love with him
Thoughts of his kisses brings reminiscesOf the love we made
He caught me by surprise
The way his beautiful brown eyes looked deep into mines
Its like he could read my soul
And everything inside of me told me to be bold
But he took the first step
And we got to know each other a little more in depth
His compassion for his passion was more than I could imagine
Left me mesmerized thinkin' how could this happen
Our love was unconditional, that AGAPE love
Nothing about it was sexual, you know that EROS love
In 1st Timothy, Chapter 6 verses 9 through 11
It talks about this man of God, who was sent straight to me from heaven
For he pursues righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness cuz he's a gentleman
His sole purpose in life is not to be rich, for he is not a lover of money
But he seeks a Virtuous Woman who's love is sweeter than honey
Now that's right on tha money cuz I feel as tho I AM THAT HONEY!
I am trustworthy, productive, economical, strong physically and morally
I take care of myself, my household and I care for the poor and less fortunate
I definitely know how to dress to impress,
but most of all I walk around like I have some dignity for myself
For a woman who fears God, is worthy to be praised
They must be talkin' bout me cuz Tha Virtuous One is my name
Na but true story I still have to work on some thangs
But I'm striving to be virtuous like I'm ahead of tha game
Real talk tho, I need love, so I'm searching for the right lover
In the sense of a homie, lover, friend...not the kind of love from my mother
So ima take tha back seat and give Jesus the wheel
Cuz in his perfect time my destiny will be fulfilled
I will be patient and kind
Until I find that love that reminds me of the very first time.

Tha Virtuous One™
(Written August 1, 2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment